Sunday, November 27, 2005

Yesterday, I saw the movie "Deewane Hue Pagal". For those who do not keep up with every movie releasing in Bollywood now and then, its just a copy of "There's Something About Mary"; of course with some goon masala and extra comedy filled in by the production team. The best part was that I saw both these movies one after the other. It was really amazing how perfectly the copying was carried on. In our lingo, we call it topo. Even the songs by Anu Malik had melodious tunes of the english songs in them. On the whole, it was a comedy movie, a one time see, filled with gags, keep the brains at home types.

              The movie was nice, but I did the mistake of applying my brains in investigating the whole storyline. It reminds me of one of the postulates of my fundas. In hindi, we call it "ek anar saw bimar". Ya, it also seems similar to the Alpha theory of Dr. Nash in "Beautiful mind". Lets not go deep into this and pakao our brains. I have some food for thought for you people.

              In the movie, when Shahid finds Rimii in Dubai, he almost goes back. At this very moment, his friend Johnny Level shouts "Tanya". Just think where would have the story went if he had not done so.......

              For the quote of the day, I would like to quote another of Akshay Kumar's movie which I saw recently.

Jo humein chahiye
Use hum nahin chahiye
Aur jise hum chahiye
Woh kise chahiye!!

                    - GARAM MASALA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home