Monday, December 12, 2005

"Oh, Think Twice, Its just another day
for you and me in paradise"

We live our life as we want to live. Actually, most of us do so. But have you ever thought of the less fortunate ones!! This blog goes as a tribute to those who are less fortunate and would see our lives as living in paradise (really!!).

The story goes back a few months back when I was in bangalore. I was in a melancholy mode as something bad had happened. (Not to be mentioned here as it would be out of context). I was just staring out of the window. Looking out to the people of the world. They seemed to be so happy. It seemed as if I have been assigned the responsibility of carrying all the sadness of the world. Oh! it was so depressing. It become more so depressing when you cannot tell it to anyone and if you do, you are sure that nobody will be listening to you.

Lets get back to the topic. So, I was just staring out of the window and I saw a woman walking on the road with three of her kids. The woman had some "potli" on her head which she was holding with one hand while clutching to the hand of the smallest kid. The rest of the two kids were just walking along with her. I noticed that the whole group stopped at regular intervals and then started again. I was amazed by this act. I thought that I should see why they are doing so.

I saw that they had only one pair of slippers in all and they were taking turns in wearing it. My heart went "Aaaaaaah!!!!". I felt like donating my slippers to the group. But stop, what about me. Am I really living in paradise???? It seems so. So, why am I sad???? Seems no reason. Hope someday I will be able to solve the puzzle. Till then, whenever I am in lonely and pensive mood, I look at my feet and say yes, I still have them covered with shoes. Thank you GOD for this day in paradise....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home