Thursday, June 22, 2006

Leaving my first company

Lately, I have been much criticized about all the senti stuff in my blogs. May be I am making people too much depressed. Thus, here comes a blog which is a bit out of context. Let me tell you about my first company.

I had been working with it for the last two years. God, I was so happy the day I had got the job. It was my birthday and I got the offer letter in my hand. I feared that I may have to go into a mechanical core company but I was very elated to go into a software one. Time passed, soon I got another software job with much more pay. But I refused it. I had already got my dream job, I thought. The first few days of my joining was not easy going as I had just entered the corporate world. New people all around, tests everyday. But I also enjoyed some nice moments like movies and pizza huts with friends. Had I already told you how much I hated changes. After 4 months, I moved to Mysore from Pune. It was a totally different experience. Serious work. Very less friends. Too much time to waste with nothing to do. I lived in this state for the next two years. I would say the best years of my life (for some other reason...).

One day, I decided enough of this. I cannot be a frog of the well. I will have to move out, see other places, meet new people. I was wasting myself here. Thus I went for a certification program from Bangalore and then on to the interviews. The interview went so-so. Some nice, some bad. Some very bad. But overall, I gained experience with each interview I faced. Finally, it was great to know that I got through in the first interview I attempted. I left after a notice period of 1 month. It was really awkward. I wanted to leave but still, something was holding me back. I will lose all my friends, I thought. But thats the way of life. You meet some, you lose some. The ones closer to you will always get back, no matter how far you go. I thank all my friends who helped my in this two year stay in my company. I went through some really nice times in these years which I will cherish for the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 3:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to have a natural flair for being senti in your blogs. Keep you style, its nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home