Thursday, December 28, 2006

I feel like Santa


      Continuing from my last year's blog, "Does Santa believe in material gifts only?", first of all, I would like to thank Santa to give me better food and lifestyle than what I had a year ago.
      The thought of writing this blog came to me while I was on my way to the supermarket on the Christmas Eve. I thought of taking my bike, but later decided against it as I would not be able to enjoy the air. Sometimes, it is feels great just to take a stroll towards your destination, knowing that you do not have a time constraint. Just walk on, enjoy the scene. The shops, the streets; all were decorated as it was the festive season. I saw a school celebrating some kind of fete. Kids and their parents were poring out of it with a smile on their face. I remembered how happy I used to be in my school fete. You know, smile is contagious.
      I walked on. A florist had put out a shop on the pavement. He had several types of bouquets. Were those flowers real? He had sprayed the area with water to give it a cool feel. I wonder how his business is going on. People who are buying those bouquets, I wonder how their lives are going on? What would be the price of a bouquet? I wonder if I would be buying one some day.
      A few steps forward, I saw a bhutta-wala. No, he was not the boiled bhutta types. Rather, he was the traditional popping in fire types. Some people had gathered around him. I wonder if these people will be eating less for dinner. I wonder if the vendor child will be having dinner. I hope he does. I thought of eating one, but I remembered that I was heading towards a mall and was not sure if I would be able to finish it before I reach the mall. Such a tight schedule you see.
      It is Santa season. I am feeling happy. There need not be a reason to be happy. You can be happy if people around you are happy. The sound of "Ho ho ho...." says it all. You gotta be smiling. A few steps forward, I saw a kid selling Santa caps. The long and tapering one with a bunch of white threads at the end. He was wearing one himself, although his clothes were not in good condition. Still, he had a smile on his face.
      In the present day world, people are so busy that people seldom look where they are going. No one has time to care for anyone. Every year I hear in news about debates over Santa's existence. I wonder if it matters at all. The guy at the restaurant was wearing a Santa costume and welcoming guests. The mothers were showing kids, "See, that's Santa". He was not giving away any gifts but still his looks surely put a smile on everyone's face. I believe that this was the best gift he could have given.
      One day someone told me that one should not cry as other people may be in much worse situation than you are. My experience tells me that it is true. Thus, there is just one thing left to do. Smile. Smile at your problems as they will have to face you. Smile at God as he may have archived your happy moments to be reloaded at a later point of time. Smile at the unknown shopkeeper as he will feel good that you came to his shop. Smile. That's all you need to do to be a Santa.
"You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why.

"Santa Claus is coming to town!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home